Upcoming Missions Opportunities
Believe it or not, the Holiday season is upon us.
This year we plan to provide Kroger cards to Norman Binkley families who need a ‘helping hand’ at Thanksgiving. No special offering will be collected for this outreach. We will cover that expense with designated ‘Neighborhood’ benevolence funds.
We will be taking up three special offerings for our yearly support of Heifer International, the Joy Offering, and the families who need a helping hand at Norman Binkley. We have been very supportive of all three in the past. The mission committee just wanted you to have a ‘heads up’ so you can plan your Giving for this Christmas season.
• Your donations to Norman Binkley will be used to purchase $25 WalMart Gift Cards. Dr. Nabil Murad, Guidance Counselor at Norman Binkley, will give the Gift Cards to families he has identified who are in need.
- Contributions can be made to our Norman Binkley ‘helping hands’ fund from November 10 – December 8.
• We have supported Heifer International at Christmas since 2000. Heifer International offers a fresh start to people who were born into poverty or thrust into poverty: for example, a family returning to their burned out village after war. Heifer doesn’t just give this family food, it gives them a way to produce food. They might give a family chickens and teach them how to raise chickens. Initially, it provides the family with eggs. Eventually, it provides them a product to sell. To know more, read your newsletter, read the reminders around the church
- Contributions may be made to Heifer International from December 1 – 22.
• For more than 70 years, Presbyterians have given generously at Christmas to support the unmet needs of families who have devoted their lives to the mission of the PC(USA). The Joy Offering is shared equally by the Assistance Program of the Board of Pensions, which provides critical assistance to Presbyterian church workers and their families, and Presbyterian-affiliated racial ethnic schools and colleges, which enable students to develop their gifts and find their calling
- The Joy Offering will be received on December 22.
If you are interested and able, please put your contributions to Southminster
Presbyterian Church. On the Memo line, write
Norman Binkley Helping Hands